This is much more than a typical sales job. We are looking for a very special person who will share the passion we have for our work and has the enthusiasm and resourcefulness to explore new revenue opportunities. That’s likely to include new markets, clients and partnerships. We need someone who can understand the complexities and nuances of what makes us different and tell that story in a compelling way that will translate into new business.
The new Business Development Manager will play a key role within our Senior Management Team. With the opportunity to define and execute on a strategic business plan, you’ll be helping to shape the future development of our business.
The role will be based in our Norwich office, but you’ll need to be available to travel (initially within the UK but potentially further afield) to meetings as necessary.
You could be our ideal candidate if you have a strong business background with proven success in a B2B environment. Experience of working in media, communications or health will be an advantage but the ability to absorb and reflect our brand values is just as important. One thing we won’t compromise on is communication skills; they are fundamental to our business, so your written and verbal communication must be excellent.
As this is a new role, you’ll have to be an energetic self-starter who can think and plan strategically but also be happy to be hands-on when it comes to selling our products and services.
In this role you’ll:
- Define and execute on a strategic business development plan, in partnership with the Directors
- Present business reviews and participate in decision making with the Directors
- Understand and embrace the vision, mission and values of Content Consultants
- Have an in-depth understanding of the products and services Content Consultants can offer and generate new opportunities to monetise them
- Identify and build relationships with new clients and partners.
- Represent Content Consultants at industry events
Skills and qualifications
- Business development or sales experience, ideally in a media, communications or health field
- The ability to think strategically
- Tenacity and drive to identify and secure new business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great networking skills
Closing date for applications: February 11, 2019
Additional information: Our offices are in central Norwich. We offer in-house training, private medical insurance, season ticket loans, bike-to-work and a pension scheme.
To apply, send your CV, with a covering letter telling us why you are just right for this role to: [email protected]